09 September 2008

HIP vs MAC eyeliner

I just got back from Walgreens, where I was surprised to find that all HIP products were buy one get one 1/2 off. I picked up two gel eyeliners - in Midnight Blue and Eggplant - and imagine my surprise when I got home and realized that Eggplant was super close to MAC Fluidline in Ultraviolet.

I swatched them, and there was a difference.

From left - MAC Ultraviolet, HIP Eggplant, and HIP Midnight Blue.

Okay, I am absolutely in LOVE with the blue, and surprisingly, there is a difference between the two purples. I like the texture of MAC better, but I like how the HIP is flat, without a lot of shimmer. Personally, if I'm wearing a louder eyeliner color, I don't want it sparkly, on top of that. It would make a great base, though, if you're going for a dramatic smokey eye look with purples.


No comments: